Getting Financed Resources

Focus on questions related to private investments, seed capital, venture capital, bank loans, government grants etc.

Moderators: GT Bulmer, Evan, MichelleJ, drdony, Trent Brownrigg, Mal Tindle, David Hurley

Getting Financed Resources

Postby Evan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:23 am

Raising capital is always one of the most popular topics with entrepreneurs. We've got a few resources on our website that can give you a headstart on getting financed. They include:

Angel Investors
Bank Loans
Business Plan
Small Biz Loans
Venture Capital

What other resources for getting financed have you found to be useful?
I #Believe in entrepreneurs.
Evan
Site Admin

Favorite Business Book: The Four Hour Work Week - Timothy Ferriss
Favorite Entrepreneur: A. P. Giannini
Favorite Business Quote: Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. - Calvin Coolidge
What I Do: Run an online magazine for entrepreneurs.
Favorite Hobby: Salsa dancing

SBA Loans

Postby BizLoansRef » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:19 am

Free information and consultations for ways to obtain financing for your franchise or other type of business.
Many services located at www.bizloansref.com
BizLoansRef
Newbie - Level 1

Business Loans Articles

Postby Evan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:11 pm

Thanks BizLoansRef! We're also looking forward to promoting more of your articles through our Franchisessection!
Evan
Site Admin

Favorite Business Quote: Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. - Calvin Coolidge

Where to get Angel Financing?

Postby Julie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:58 pm

Hello, I'm just starting out my business and am wondering how to find an angel investor to help me launch.

Any ideas?
Julie
Employee - Level 3

Angel Investors - Where To Find Angels

Postby Evan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi Julie - here are the most common places to look for angels:

Informal networks (Accountants, lawyers, business associates etc.)

6 degrees of separation

$100-250k income individuals

Retired professionals / entrepreneurs

Angel groups

Most angels don't put up their hands and let everyone know they are angels - the funding process comes by information networking and getting the word out.

Good luck!
Evan
Site Admin

Guy Kawasaki's Angel Advice

Postby Stefanie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:23 pm

Here are some words of advice that Guy Kawasaki, one of Evan's expert authors, gave in an interview awhile back about seeking out angels:

"Some angel investors are members of angel groups, allowing them to increase their access to investment opportunities and giving them the possibility of investing jointly with other angels to hedge their risk. Tapping into these networks is one way to start looking for investors. Also make use of your personal network -- especially your professional advisors. Your network may well be able to suggest potential angels.

In looking for angels to target, don't forget that choosing an angel investor is a great opportunity to gain an advisor. So do your research. The best investor for your start-up will be the one who can contribute significant experience, knowledge, and networking opportunities, as well as the cash you need to grow your business."

Something to keep in mind...
Stefanie
Employee - Level 3

Return to Finance and Capital