Obstacles don't have to stop you.

Inspirational posts by Evan to help you keep believing in your business. Quotes, pictures, stories, etc.

Moderators: GT Bulmer, Evan, MichelleJ, drdony, Trent Brownrigg, Mal Tindle, David Hurley

Obstacles don't have to stop you.

Postby Evan » Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 pm

I #Believe in entrepreneurs.
Evan
Site Admin

Favorite Business Book: The Four Hour Work Week - Timothy Ferriss
Favorite Entrepreneur: A. P. Giannini
Favorite Business Quote: Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. - Calvin Coolidge
What I Do: Run an online magazine for entrepreneurs.
Favorite Hobby: Salsa dancing

Re: Obstacles don't have to stop you.

Postby GT Bulmer » Sun May 27, 2012 12:29 am

LOL, hey! I've got a fresh example. Fresh, like less than half an hour ago.

We went to the annual book and yard sale at our town library and one thing we bought was a Toshiba notebook computer . . . for $5!

How could you lose for $5? If it doesn't work, you have still donated five bucks to the library. It's win/win.

First problem, the keyboard and the touch pad do not work. Give up? Not me and my dear spouse!

She plugged in an external mouse and a keyboard and they worked.

Second problem: Password protected by previous user! Give up? No way! There's always a way around things.

Third problem: The computer is running Ubuntu, which is apparently software for the Linux platform. We have no experience with that. Give up? No way! Why do you think Google Search was invented?

My wife found a few suggested workarounds and one of them worked. Eureka! We went in the back door and re-set the password!

Now we have a spare computer ... and it cost only five bucks and a little determination!

Bonus: My spouse likes computer games and this computer has a bunch of them!

So, you are RIGHT, Evan! Obstacles DON'T have to stop you.

GT :)
GT Bulmer, Forum Administrator
- - - - -
How to Grow a Second Income
Home Business Resources
Build Your Brand
Personal Development
Buy & Sell Here: Over 2 Million Members | 98,800+ Items
GT Bulmer
Forum Admin

Favorite Business Book: Earl Nightingale's Greatest Discovery
Favorite Entrepreneur: Brian Tracy
Favorite Business Quote: It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers.
What I Do: Freelance Writer; Internet Home Business
Favorite Hobby: Reading ... almost every genre!

Postby ideasuniversity » Sun May 27, 2012 7:33 am

GT Bulmer wrote:LOL, hey! I've got a fresh example. Fresh, like less than half an hour ago.

We went to the annual book and yard sale at our town library and one thing we bought was a Toshiba notebook computer . . . for $5!

How could you lose for $5? If it doesn't work, you have still donated five bucks to the library. It's win/win.

First problem, the keyboard and the touch pad do not work. Give up? Not me and my dear spouse!

She plugged in an external mouse and a keyboard and they worked.

Second problem: Password protected by previous user! Give up? No way! There's always a way around things.

Third problem: The computer is running Ubuntu, which is apparently software for the Linux platform. We have no experience with that. Give up? No way! Why do you think Google Search was invented?

My wife found a few suggested workarounds and one of them worked. Eureka! We went in the back door and re-set the password!

Now we have a spare computer ... and it cost only five bucks and a little determination!

Bonus: My spouse likes computer games and this computer has a bunch of them!

So, you are RIGHT, Evan! Obstacles DON'T have to stop you.

Hi Gt,
I love this post. When is the next yard sale? I Will send $75 to you, $5 to get me a laptop and use the $70 to send it to South Africa :D :D :D
ideasuniversity
Guru - Level 10

Favorite Business Book: Rich Dad Poor Dad
Favorite Entrepreneur: Bill Gates
What I Do: Internet Marketing
Favorite Hobby: Chess

Postby ideasuniversity » Sun May 27, 2012 7:41 am

It reminded me the story in the Bible when four friends wanted to take their paralytic friend to Jesus for healing.
The door was blocked by the crowd. They could not pass through the door. They tore the roof of the house and lower their friend with ropes to where Jesus was preaching.
He saw their faith and marveled. He healed their friend. They did not take permission from the owner of the house before tearing the roof.
ideasuniversity
Guru - Level 10

Favorite Business Book: Rich Dad Poor Dad
Favorite Entrepreneur: Bill Gates
What I Do: Internet Marketing
Favorite Hobby: Chess

Postby GT Bulmer » Sun May 27, 2012 11:48 am

LOL, I don't know if we will ever find a computer deal like that again, Yinka. We didn't expect the computer to work at all, so we were really just donating money to the library and helping them get rid of some "junk."

I like the Bible story demonstrating faith and determination. I don't think I agree with damaging property without permission, but again, the friends were motivated to get the job done on behalf of the paralytic friend. I would suggest that there had been some divine intervention in there, too, prompting the friends to take action. The Lord works in mysterious ways!

GT Bulmer, Forum Administrator
- - - - -
How to Grow a Second Income
Home Business Resources
Build Your Brand
Personal Development
Buy & Sell Here: Over 2 Million Members | 98,800+ Items
GT Bulmer
Forum Admin

Favorite Business Book: Earl Nightingale's Greatest Discovery
Favorite Entrepreneur: Brian Tracy
Favorite Business Quote: It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers.
What I Do: Freelance Writer; Internet Home Business
Favorite Hobby: Reading ... almost every genre!

Return to #Believe