Complete Marketing System?

Exchange ideas on how to brand, promote and position your product and services. The majority of the time, they do not sell themselves!

Moderators: GT Bulmer, Evan, MichelleJ, drdony, Trent Brownrigg, Mal Tindle, David Hurley

Complete Marketing System?

Postby kristopher » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:41 pm

I am just planning to start a new sales job as a commercial lender in a bank in a couple of days where I will be in 100% business development role for the first year I would guess. What I mean by that is, I am starting with no customers. I've been in this industry for a few years but have always worked my customers and referrals sources to get new business.

My question is that I'd really like to take the chance to get a lead generation/marketing/follow-up system in place early on. I'd love to hear of any resources which talks about the entire process. I'd really love something step by step using a lot of different mediums. Something that combines direct mail, email, walk-in prospecting, phone prospecting.

I started thinking more and more about directmail when I was constantly getting a real estate agents postcard mailer in my mailbox and then started seeing her signs appearing everywhere in my neighborhood.
kristopher
Intern - Level 2

CRM Pro Program

Postby lukas » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:34 am

There are programs like CRM pro that cost a lot but they do a lot of combination Direct mail and email and voiceblast.

I have a karate school that uses something like that.

I can get a lead -- then email use directmail and even fax.
voicemail too.

I also now of a cost effective program but I have to look the name up and get back with you.

Hope this helps.
lukas
Intern - Level 2

Local Chamber of commerce

Postby lane_hug » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:48 am

I would say your local chamber of commerce is an excellent resource. Not just for lists, but for networking. Get to know the people who work at the chamber. Go to their events to "rub elbows" with other chamber members.

Most Chamber of Commerce benefits are geared toward local businesses... Local businesses can always use commercial bank loans, everything from simple lines of credit to help their working capital... to long-term fixed-rate loans for equipment purchases, etc.

Also, it would be a great help for you to increase and consistently update your knowledge of what your bank offers. If there is an SBA Loan Department, get to know the parameters. If there is no particular department for that, then learn about SBA loan parameters offered by the government. In case you're not aware, an SBA loan is a secured loan, but partially underwritten by the government... however it is secured by private banks, by people doing exactly what you'll be doing.

Hope you don't mind the long-winded answer. I've run my own small business for five years now, and one of my company's best friends is my commercial loan officer. He helped me secure my first SBA loan four years ago, and has provided a number of other lending products since then. He's always telling me about new products to see if they're right for me. No matter what happens with the rest of my dealings with his bank, I can't see myself going elsewhere, simply because he has been such a great resource to me and my company.
lane_hug
Intern - Level 2

Local Chamber of commerce

Postby jimmy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:45 pm

I would suggest something that has been under the radar for about 6 months now that I've been using for about a year and there is nothing like it.. Success On Contact it is referred to as a Permission Based Relationship Marketing Software.

It has all the basics like list management, contact management, campaign management and such, but also integrates with inbound and outbound VoIP like Vonage, Skype and J2 Communications ( will actually automatically attach voicemails to contact record with play button), or create a new contact record if it does not recognise the inbound number calling. It also integrates with just a few clicks with web based voicebroadcasting services.

Let's see what else...oh, internal email and newsletter client, newsletter and pdf post card and sales campaign creation.

It also automatically pulls leads from your websites into your contact manager without you lifting a finger and notifies you within 60 seconds to your desktop that you have a lead and it is automatically databased according to advertisement, product/ service campaign so you can track seamlessly where your leads are coming from. This is my favorite feature, because thru out the day, my recontact due icon pops up to let me know I have a new lead, I just click on the new name in the recontact due and pops up the full record all filled in (no wasted time entering data), I click on the Skype button (I use Skype..but it could be your land line..etc.) and presto, I'm talking to my prospective client in less than 2 minutes from the time they opted for more information. and many times while they are on my site. Typing notes in the contact record along the way and engaging them immediately in my sales process.
jimmy
Newbie - Level 1

Re: Local Chamber of commerce

Postby ChrisH » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:52 pm

lane_hug wrote:I would say your local chamber of commerce is an excellent resource. Not just for lists, but for networking. Get to know the people who work at the chamber. Go to their events to "rub elbows" with other chamber members.

The local Chamber is a wonderful resource and you should definitely talk with them. Another source that I've used is BNI (Business Networking International) -- if there's any groups in your area. Their website is www.bni.com and if I remember right, you can search on the site to find local groups. But, I will tell you the groups are a lot of work, but it can definitely be worth it. I had friends in BNI groups that were in lending and with effort, they did really well. This is the link to a thread where "litekepr" posted some overview about how the groups work.

http://www.evancarmichael.com/Forums/vi ... .php?t=247

Chris
ChrisH
Senior Vice President - Level 7

Free Commercial Lending Seminar

Postby jvprosperity » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Holding Seminars is also a great way to get people into your sales funnel. It's establishes yourself as an expert in the field and builds trust.

You can use direct mail or advertising to get the word out about your seminar. A Listing with the local Chamber is also good as you'll benefit from the trust they have built with their members.

Offer the seminar for free and remember to hold some sort of door prize to capture peoples contact information.

This method will require some creativity from you as your dealing with the Commercial Lending market but take an angle where you will show decision makers (maybe over lunch) how they can save thousands of Dollars on their current loans.
jvprosperity
Chairman - Level 9

Favorite Business Book: Tim Ferris - 4 hour Workweek
Favorite Entrepreneur: Richard Branson
Favorite Business Quote: "A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts."
What I Do: Teach How 2 hours/Year can Get You Endless Business Referrals
Favorite Hobby: Soccer

Return to Sales and Marketing