Last week I was invited by Microsoft to join them at Steam Whistle Brewing for an industry roundtable that brought together a panel of SMB experts and small business owners to discuss what entrepreneurs can do today to help them prepare for long term, sustainable growth for the future.
- Here’s some of the top advice that I took home from each panelist:
- Use technology to keep your business costs down. Example: use Instant Messaging services instead of phones which can reduce your long distance phone bill
- Get the right people and create the best working environment you can so your top people will stay with you
- Find a niche to stand out in
- Get a strong team – companies with a strong management team perform better
My favorite tip was:
- “Look for ways to improve your business incrementally – do something a little better every day.”
I just wrote a blog post about it at: http://www.evancarmichael.com/blog/2010 ... y-to-grow/
I’ve love to hear your thoughts if you leave a comment on the blog or below!