I'm sure everyone have had times when they were completely overwhelmed with the workload in front of them and you have no idea where to start. I want to see if everyone can chip in a few results-driven tips for boosting productivity.
1) maintain a clean working laptop
- if you have a work-only laptop. keep it that way. if not then make sure your records are neatly organized. uninstall useless programs in your control panel. make sure your anti-virus is up to date. a clean and fast laptop will save you lots and lots of time
. and also spare you the heartache over crashes and lost work
2) keep an agenda
- with the amount of gadgets out there, nothing is really as solid as the old fashion agenda. you'll be VERY surprised what this one little tool will do you for you. if you insist on using your gadgets then MAKE SURE you know the functions in and out. and fully utilize it to its maximum capacity. learn your iPhone and BlackBerry apps to stay organized
3) mastering Outlook
+ other applications - extremely useful application. schedules, reminders, emails, contacts all in one. if you use some kind of POP3 type email, switch to Outlook!
- FREE and VERY USEFUL APPLICATIONS:
Open Office: (if you don't want to pay for MS Office)http://www.openoffice.org/
Essential PIM (Personal Info Mgmt):http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,62585/description.html
4) buy a dry-erase board
- combined with your agenda, you will have short and long term tasks all organized. useful in so many many ways. you can pick one up at the dollar store or the better ones for ~$8.
5) keep your working area clean!
- organize your mail, documents, folders! a clean desk is also always a sign of solid work ethics!
Finally I will recommend 33 Rules to Boost Your Productivity
If you got any other good ones, please feel free to share!