Just a thought. It is very validating to have other acknowledge your idea has merit. But, I when I read your comment about accepting a deal that is less than you want or regretting it, I thought of the other possibility.
Would you rather regret a possibly missed opportunity or jump into something that you don't feel good about? Once you agree to THEIR terms, you're stuck. Unless you want to fight it legally. Sometimes it better to hold off until you receive an offer that is best for you instead of settling for less than you want and need.
That's like something all writers struggle with. Do we accept the first contract we're offered? Or, should we turn down a contract that is from a company that's below standard? I can speak from experience that its very tough to turn down an offer, but there are times when its in our best interest to wait and keep looking