|Join us today by clicking here. Registration is FREE. Post in forums, fewer ads!|
OmnivoreInk wrote:I think we know the answer in Africa... where people are apparently not allowed to accept payments via Paypal? Is this an economic or political decision? The governments don't want a free exchange of money across countries?
It's closer to home in the USA, where if Obama gets elected (and everyone is expecting that to happen) he and his Democrats are going to implement "sharing the wealth" policies that are going to turn the US into a socialistic state like England.
Is it going to be worthwhile creating a business in the US, when as soon as you achieve success, half of your earnings will be taken away in taxes, and given to those who "need" it?
Here's an interesting video from Jim Moran, a Virginia Democrat, talking about the "simplistic notion" of people being allowed to keep their wealth.
David Hurley wrote:I get the fact that you don't like higher taxes, but the flow of wealth is always facilitated by government intervention to some degree, and a decision to cut taxes for 90% of the population at the expense of the other 10% doesn't seem so bad to an outsider like myself .
OmnivoreInk wrote:I don't think he's cutting taxes, though, that's the thing. He can't possibly, and implement all the plans he has.
Except by gutting our military, of course.
Oh, well, we'll see in four years which of us is right.
David Hurley wrote:OmnivoreInk wrote:So, you never know, you might end up with a bigger, better military yet!
OmnivoreInk wrote:Well...Obama has won...
Democrats have increased their presence in both House and Senate...
Welcome to four years of socialism in the USA...
Everyone should remember where they are - financially speaking - at this moment, and four years from now, ask yourself, are you worse or better off?
I know what I expect to be.... hope I'm wrong...
OmnivoreInk wrote:David Hurley wrote:OmnivoreInk wrote:So, you never know, you might end up with a bigger, better military yet!
Just big enough and better enough to keep us safe, is all I ask.
David Hurley wrote:Hello again,
Here are a couple of interesting articles (one I posted on the other thread), from very different political perspectives:
1. The shrinking of the Republican "silent majority":
http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php? ... icle/5891/
2. McCain team too PC to call Obama on his role the mortgage crisis...
Madeline Talbott "hooked up with a slick and highly capable young community activist in Chicago, who she hired to train her ACORN agitators. Her new friend, one Barak Obama, taught them confrontational tactics learned from various 1960s Black Power activists he idolised (his favourite was Malcolm X), and secured campaign money from the left-philanthropic Woods Fund.
"This helped ACORN secure its greatest triumph, when Talbott in 1993 persuaded US mortgage giant Fannie Mae to roll out a $55 million national pilot programme to give mortgages to people with “troubled credit histories”. The rest, as they say, is history — except for the suffering yet to be endured by untold millions whose lives are going to be savaged by the Second Great Depression caused when the banksters/black agitators’ boom went bust."
In each case, the analysis is not the standard BBC, CNN fare!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests