|Join us today by clicking here. Registration is FREE. Post in forums, fewer ads!|
BuzzAroundBooks wrote:To help all entrepreneurs (especially aspiring new ones), I'd like to ask:
1.) What is your small business?
2.) Then list the numerous "hats" you're required to wear in order to succeed. Moreover, go on to rate each job function on a scale of "1 = generalist" to "10 = expert" and even which tasks you outsource.
Perhaps this post will act as a decisive factor on whether a person should pursue a specific business idea or not.
For example, if I owned my own bakery, I'd create my list as follows:
1.) Professional Baker
2.) Different hats I'm required to wear:
-Dessert making (8-10)
-Customer service/Sales (7) - Job function is outsourced
-Accounting (5) - Job function is outsourced
-Marketing (4) - Job function is outsourced
OmnivoreInk wrote:My duties
1) Research the articles that goes into each of my webzines - science fiction in all media, various sports (Yay, Lady Vols, 8th championship in 2008, by the way!)
2) Write the articles
3) Format and upload them to the web
4) Email and network various contacts to get out the word that new articles are available.
5) Email authors, actors, etc. etc. to see if they want to do interviews.
6) Advertise for more contributors - and then edit and upload their material!
BizLoanz4u wrote:As an owner/operator, I wear many hats...especially when employees become ill, go on vacation or resign.
Here's the hat's i've worn over the years:
3) Book keeper/ Accountant
5) Payroll officer
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest